Chalkboard Effects: 3 of 4

Today our chalkboard theme is friendship... something we thoroughly enjoy in the studio!



Ssshhh---don't tell!
I am sneaking in TWO cards today...
The chalkboard effect on this card was created by stamping the image, Penny Black 40-309 Truly Great, with VersaMark ink on black cardstock and embossing with white embossing powder.  I also added a bit of Wedding Dress Memento Luxe Ink with my finger.  The background was created by stamping Penny Black 40-290 Poppy Pattern, first inking the stamp with Distress Paints.  Once dry, I added Antique Linen Distress Ink to the background and also stamped Penny Black 1999L Letter Background using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.

I created the chalkboard effect on this card in the exact same way as the one above.  The watercolor background was created by pressing Memento Teal Zeal and Pistachio ink pads onto my acrylic block, misting with water, and then pressing my white cardstock onto the puddled ink on the acrylic block.  I added Penny Black's Creative Die 51-020 Fancy Flourish to the background before layering on my banner, chalkboard piece, and pearls.

For my friendship greeting, I switched from a black/white chalkboard effect to hues of green.
A variegated ink pad (Rainforest VersaColor) makes it easy to create the green hues when stamping Penny Black's Chalkboard Friendship.  After trimming the image, it was elevated with dimensional foam on white cardstock embossed with the Creative Die Dots.  TIP: Using dies for embossing techniques is a great way to add textures to cardstocks.  A bit of matting with fuchsia cardstock adds a linear element to the design layout.  I like to alter embellishments to fit the design and color of my projects.  In this sample, two silver metal pearl stickers were altered with a green Sharpie.
[Supplies: Penny Black: Chalkboard Friendship 40-316, Creative Dies Dots 51-009, Mix & Match Cardstock Fuchsia Fantasies 13-002; Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Rainforest VersaColor, Mark Richards: Metal Pearl Stickers; Sharpie: Green]


For today's chalkboard effects, we used Penny Black's...
               
                    
                      Truly Great (40-309)
Chalkboard
Friendship (40-316)