Tombow, 4 of 8: Jill

Oh my, I loved how beautifully clean and simple Elizabeth's card was yesterday! I, too, reached for a Penny Black brushstroke stamp for our direct to stamp Tombow dual brush pen technique.

Additional Tombow Inspiration on their BLOG and FACEBOOK PAGE
For an extra fluid/watercolor effect, I stamped my background image (Penny Black 40-290 Poppy Parade) several times.  I colored directly onto my stamp using the Tombow pens, even adding shading by coloring with a darker color towards the center of the flowers and lighter towards the edge of the petals.  I then misted my stamp heavily with water for the first layer and stamped onto white cardstock.  Then I followed the same process, but for each consecutive layer, I misted with less and less water.  The final time I stamped the image (the 4th time), I did not mist the stamp with water at all.
I also wanted the background to have a watercolor look so I again, using the Tombow dual brush pens, colored with the pen on my acrylic block, added water with a paint brush, and then painted the light blue and tan colors around the flowers.

To finish things off, I stamped Penny Black 1999L Letter Background, coloring with my pen directly onto the stamp and then randomly stamping onto the background.  A few splatters of Gesso add additional movement to the background.  I stamped my sentiment (Penny Black 30-226 Kind Words) onto Penny Black Creative Die 51-027 Triple Banner.  Finally, I mounted the stamped pieces to pattern paper and embellished with ribbon, twine, and pearls. Tombow 3D Foam Tabs add height and dimension to my sentiment banner.