Gelli Plate Technique 4, Project Reveal: Jill

Join us over the next few weeks as we explore making colorful prints using a Gelli Arts Gelli Plate.  We've even slid our art tables side-by-side and took pictures for you each step along the way!  Not only that, the fun continues as we share our “reveal” posts showing how our individual prints were transformed into creative projects. 

Additional Gelli Arts Inspiration on their BLOG and FACEBOOK PAGE
Painterly technique inspiration found HERE
For our painterly technique (seen HERE), my finished print looked like this:
Here's how I transformed it and added it to my card:
Using a Spellbinder's die, I cut my print. I then added Brushed Corduroy Distress ink to the edges and slightly onto the painted portion.  I also stamped Penny Black 1999L Letter Background using blue ink, removing some of the ink from the stamp with a baby wipe before stamping.

I must admit, I got a bit carried away with this technique, and made two more cards following the same steps but using different "guide" images (Penny Black 4384K Promise Me and 4383K First Dance).