Dr. Ph. Martin's, 4 of 8: Jill

The watercolor trend has found it's way into the Studio!  Join us over the next four weeks as we ink up our paintbrushes (and fingers!) with Dr. Ph Martin's Hydrus Fine Art Watercolors. 
Additional Dr. Ph. Martin's Inspiration on their FACEBOOK PAGE

Today I have a cute little ATC to share with you...
Because of the "juicy-ness" of the Dr. PH Martin's Hydrus Watercolors, I decided to use them with my Inchie Arts Art Squares as the quality surface allows one to add lots of water and layers without pilling or warping.

(Additional Inchie Arts information available on their BLOG and FACEBOOK page.)
I began by stamping my image (Penny Black 40-293 Tulips for You) using Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto a white ATC Art Square.  Because I wanted to have more control over the color and blending, when painting the image I added the paints from my palette directly to the Art Square without adding any additional water.  
But for a looser look for the sky, I first painted clean water around the image, and then added the paint and allowed the water to do the blending.
To finish off this ATC, I wrapped it with May Arts twine and called it a day.  I expect I will add this to a card in the near future. I also expect more Art Square and watercolor fun will be in my near future, too. ;)