Color Combo; 3 of 10: Jill

We are going crazy with delight over color combinations.  From simple to dramatic, from bright to light, the hues are sure to tickle your rainbow.



Today I have a tag for you, featuring some of my favorite blues, pinks, oranges, and greens.


To create this tag, I began by die cutting Penny Black 51-139 Butterflies from watercolor paper. I cut it three times.  Once cut, I adhered all three layers together using my Zig Glue Pen and then adhered this thick piece to my tag base, cut from watercolor paper.  I then painted the butterflies and background using my Sakura Koi Field Sketch Box watercolor paints.  Once dry, I added Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gesso, lightly brushing it onto the tag using my fingertip, trying to only apply the gesso to the raised areas of the die.  I mounted this piece to a larger tag shape cut from Penny Black Mix and Match cardstock and embellished with ribbon (Ribbons Unlimited), twine (May Arts), a stamped sentiment (Penny Black), and an additional die cut butterfly (Penny Black).

All stamps and dies by Penny Black: 51-139 Butterflies, 51-132 Flights of Fancy, 30-283 Snippets